- The Destruction of historic property, significant decline in market value in Westchester and Surrounding Neighborhoods.
- Negative Economic and Cultural Impact for Downtown Bakersfield.
- Documented Health Issues from dust and high concentration of Air Pollution during construction: Valley Fever, Asthma, Arteriosclerosis, Respitory Infections and Cancer.
- Persistent Noise Pollution, much more traffic than at present.
- Safety / Crime Issues
- Another “Panama Lane” dividing Westchester Neighborhood.